Monday, January 23, 2017

Training 1/23-1/29

1/23- 5 miles in 38:21 (7:40 pace).  Didn't feel quite as sharp as yesterday on half the dose of both MF and TMG.  I read that extra B12 can diminish the sensitivity to MF and that appears to be true.  Over the weekend, I was significantly weakened when the ratio was off.  Today, I barely noticed it.
Pace was even all the way then I got a boost with the extra MF and closed with a smooth 7:22.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=5.0

1/24- 3 miles at Spain Park in 23:18 (7:46 pace).  A little bit of a downer after yesterday.  Felt overstimulated but am hopeful that upping the ADHS will solve that.  It's common to see adrenals go through the roof after solving a long standing problem but it's only a temporary reaction.  Comfortably under the Mendoza line but had to work a little bit to keep the pace under 8 in the back half.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.0

1/25- 3 miles in 22:26 (7:29 pace).  Improvement over yesterday but still a little off and over-stimulated.  After the run, I tried Methyl Mate and it appeared to be a non-factor.  That means the Ferritin will likely go down with time once I am off any pills that contain Liver extract or Lactoferrin.  I'll still probably do the Liver flush detox down the road but not for a few weeks.  Calcium on the other hand remained a clear NO even though Na and K have likely shot up.  Curcumin is also a NO.
The new Methyl Folate has also arrived but it contains one questionable ingredient.
Grade:C+/2 credit/distance=3.5

1/26-Planned rest day.  The new form of Methylfolate is a NO.  It contains glycine and calcium.  The plain version should work.  I just wanted a stronger version so I won't have to take 10+ pills.

1/27- Back on track thanks to plain MF.  4 miles at Gold's in 29:36 (7:24 pace).  Even splits and much more comfortable than yesterday.  This was not an "A" only because I had to work a little bit to maintain the sub-7:30 pace near the end.  The Zinc/Copper balance appears to be a non-factor now so I took the last 2 pills and pitched the empty bottle.  The need/tolerance for MF may be trending down slightly while the need/tolerance for TMG may be heading upwards.  That's okay as long as it's not a night and day difference because of a single pill.  Tacked on a half mile cool.  Hoping to go long tomorrow.  Brave the cold and darkness on the group run or sleep in and run solo?  We'll see.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=4.5

1/28- 7 miles from the Trak Shak at dawn.  Finished in an ugly time of 64:42 (9:10 pace).  Granted, this was a hilly route but I should have been a lot better than this.  Never did get the pace much below 8:40 early but did not collapse late.  A half marathon today?  I could have finished but the time would have been in the 2:05 range.  I clearly took too much MF even though IT WAS THE SAME DOSE AS YESTERDAY!!! A 7 miler yesterday could have been done at 7:40ish pace so I was 90 seconds slower per mile.   I did begin feeling better after an extra TMG pill.  That means I may not need or even be able to the use the high strength MF that I recently ordered and if I am wrong on the ratio, it's better to take too much TMG.  Tomorrow, I will attempt to run the Mercedes course.

PM- Tacked on another mile on Wisteria.  Finished in 7:46 and felt better but still not real good.  This tells me that I'll be hurting at least to some degree if I take too much MF even with extra TMG.  An aggressive cut is on tap tomorrow.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=8.0

1/29- FAILED again.  Did not even attempt the group run because I knew I didn't have it.  All forms of methyl folate are NOT created equal.  The only one that will work for me is 5-Methyl Tetrahydrofolic acid.  Plain methyl folate is a NO.  Any other form is a NO.  It's gonna take a couple of days to get it out of my system.  I did attempt 2 workouts today but knew before I started that they would be junk.  Tomorrow should be better.
AM- 2 miles at Spain Park in 18:04 (9:02 pace)
PM- 3 miles at Gold's in 25:57 (8:39 pace) so I did show some improvement.
Grade:F+/2 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
I believe the formula is set once again and I'm going with it until further notice.
Distance= 29.0/ GPA= 15.1/8=1.89
YTD: 102 miles.  Record: 0-4- 1.37

No comments: