Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Must Stay Off PABA

I am virtually certain that the elevated benzoic acid is the cause of the sensitivity and this problem is exacerbated by an ATP deficiency.  I know this because my reactions to benign supplements such as Whole Food C and Calcium get MUCH worse if I take too much PABA (Para Amino BENZOIC ACID).  The problem was that I needed the PABA to complete the glycine conjugation reaction and produce hippuric acid.  I tried to go aggressive with an anti-microbial supplement in hopes that proper intestinal balance will produce enough PABA on its own and thus eliminate the need for the problem supplement.

  Good news.  It does appear that the Myers’ Anti-Microbe supplement has eliminated the need for PABA and may have solved the glycine conjugation by eliminating my need for glycine as well. According to the website, it is not for long-term use so sooner or later, my system is going to reject the new supplement.  Based on recent days, I have a feeling that it will be sooner rather than later.  In fact, it's now.  What will happen when I can no longer tolerate it?  The need for glycine could kick back in with a vengeance.  The same could happen with PABA.  If the former case is true, I’m okay with it.  Not so with the latter.  If it becomes a moving target, that’s the death knell.  I am prepared to do whatever it takes to avoid the need to supplement PABA with the exception of the tiny amount in Yasko’s Ultimate B.  Hell, even if I need the PABA, I’d be okay with it as long as my dose is consistent.  However, that does not appear to ever happen.  One day, I may need just the small amount in Ultimate B while other days, I need the full 500 mg. pill and it goes up and down without notice and seemingly without explanation. Needless to say, that is unacceptable and I don’t care how fast I can go on my good days. 

The best case scenario is that the course of Myers’ anti-microbials will solve the glycine conjugation and the need for PABA once and for all.  However, given my history, that is most likely an unrealistic fantasy.  I have several options to prevent the need for PABA to kick back in:
1)      Take another course of Myers’ supplement- The problem is once the intolerance to it kicks in, I may not be able to go back on it.  That is, I could have a need for PABA but be unable to take the anti-microbial.
2)      Take the Myers supplement only 1-2x per week- That could be tolerated but will it be enough to stave off the PABA dependency?
3)      Take a similar product that is not as strong such as Berberine- Again, will it be enough?
4)     Be meticulous about a clean diet in hopes that PABA stabilizes- Again, will it be enough?

As for the ATP, there is a chance that NADH will now be tolerated but I am not counting on that.  I’ll give the Allithiamine a shot too but I am not counting on that either.  I suppose there is a chance that the microbial issues and ATP are inter-related.  

Again, all I want is to avoid the sensitivity and moving targets.  That should not be too much to ask.  Staying off PABA or at least having a stable dose of it will result in an acceptable final outcome.

No comments: