Monday, December 18, 2017

PABA vs Anti-Microbials

After SO MANY YEARS, I finally found the cause of my sensitivity.  For my newer readers, an example of it was seeing my whole body tighten up after taking just a trace of a supplement as benign as Calcium or Vitamin C, which also included a bottle of orange juice.  It doesn’t matter if the supplement is synthetic or food based.  The best way to describe how it feels is a flu-like malaise minus the fever, chills and congestion.  Even if it’s wrong for my chemistry type, there is NO WAY that a tiny dosage should cause such a severe reaction without other factors in play.  What’s worse is that sometimes, a pill that is needed is not tolerated and I’m shooting at moving targets.  A cocktail that works one week may not work next week.   The cause is an elevated level of benzoic acid, which is worsened by an ATP deficit.  The solution is glycine conjugation.

Glycine alone was quite effective for a while but it turned out to be another false hope.  In time, the ill-effects of the glycine were worse than the problems with sensitivity.  Next, I discovered that PABA (Para Amino Benzoic Acid) was necessary to tolerate glycine but now that I know what it stands for, it should not be a surprise that it did worsen the sensitivity if I took too much of it.  Then, I tried increasing ATP by taking NADH with the theory that it would both increase my max heart rate and allow me to tolerate the PABA.  Once again, I was teased with false hopes for about 3 weeks before it abruptly became poison.  Today, I still need both glycine and PABA but there is a very narrow sweet spot with PABA and it appears to be a moving target.  Needless to say, that is unacceptable.

Any ideas left?  Yes.  Just one more.  I will try antimicrobial supplements in combination with my current Syntol probiotics.  Why might it work?  2 reasons.  First, I only recently learned with PABA does indeed have anti-microbial properties.  Therefore, the narrow window may make sense.  I need just enough to clear out the toxic microbes but once I cross that line, any further amount will trigger sensitivity because of the benzoic acid content.  Perhaps the moving targets can be explained by my dietary choices.  The cleaner that I eat and drink, the less microbes are produced and therefore, less PABA is needed/tolerated.  The second reason is that PABA can be produced by the intestines if the environment is favorable.  Thus, with an anti-microbial supplement and a clean diet, at least in theory, I can produce enough PABA naturally so that supplementation will not be needed and glycine will still be tolerated.  To clarify, a clean diet along with anti-microbials is only ONE piece of the puzzle.  I still need glycine as well as all the other stuff.

I am physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted by this war.  One more relapse and I am afraid that I am done.  The final deadline is the end of the year.

3 comments:

mike said...

NADPH and Magnesium

take allthiamine (fat soluble B1) to produce more NADPH and see how you feel. magnesium is the other cofactor needed.

you are toxic.

Crazy J said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I do take 500 mg. of Magnesium malate already. My B-complex contains a fair amount of Benfotiamine. Anti-microbe is probably my best shot. Is there much difference between allithiamine and benfotiamine? I know both are active forms of B-1.

mike said...

i noticed a huge difference in taking allthiamine as opposed to benfotiamine. it crosses the blood-brain barrier. try the transdermal cream.

when i take the allthiamine and then the active B2 on alternate days it helps.

B1 and B2 are needed to clear estrogen from the liver.

B1 needed for NADPH and all of the CYP 450s

ATP annd transketolase need B1 and magnesium ... try the magnesium glycinate.