Monday, May 21, 2018

Training 5/21-5/27

5/21- Planned rest day.  Still awfully tired from the trip but I should be ready to roll again tomorrow.  It has been confirmed that Thym-Adren was the culprit.  I am not depressed today but my legs feel like steel beams with zero power and it got worse with each subsequent pill.  If I had simply taken 1-2 of those pills, I'd get nicked a bit but could still run.  At mega doses, significant problems are to be expected.  THIS was the reason for the debacle at Horseneck.  Otherwise, I still could have done okay even with the head cold and draining travel schedule.  I am switching back to ADHS.  This is the adrenal modulator so too much of that stuff won't hurt me.

5/22- Much better today thanks to the ADHS switch.  3 miles in 23:33 (7:51 pace).  Not bad at all.  I've really been under a lot of stress lately at work plus I am still recovering from the trip.  I'm fine with this one.  Yesterday, I would not have been able to run at all so thanks to the Sarcosine, I am able to rebound within 2-3 days instead of 5-7.  Looking for continued improvement tomorrow.
Distance=3.0

5/23- 3 miles again but my time is down to 22:09 (7:23 pace).  Best time since starting Sarcosine and it was a 15 second improvement over last week.  That's what needs to happen.  Just chip away a few seconds at a time and eventually I will get there.  Even pace with a nice finish.
Distance=3.0

5/24- 5 miles on Lakeshore in 40:31 (8:06 pace).  That's fine.  I like that number too.  I deliberately dialed down the effort today.  I should hit 30 miles this week with a decent long run.
Distance=5.0

5/25- Upped my Sarcosine to 3 scoops just to see what if anything would happen.  Just like the previous attempt, I had no issue with a depressed mood.  In fact, that part was actually BETTER than usual but there was very little energy or power in my run today.  Completed 4 miles in 33:44 (8:26 pace).  Even splits and never really felt tired but just could not pick up the pace.  Has it spiked my adrenals again?  Unlikely because Thym-Adren didn't seem to help.  I just have limited tolerance to Sarcosine.  2 scoops might be okay but I may not see any benefit beyond 1 so that's what I will go with for the time being.
Distance=4.0

5/26- Step backward but no concern yet.  Excess Sarcosine hasn't cleared yet and this was done in humid conditions on a hilly route.  Finished 4 miles from the Trak Shak in 35:16 (8:49 pace).  Hope to go long again tomorrow but it's no tragedy if I don't since I had 2 long runs last week.

PM- Tacked on a mile cool just so I can hit 30 with a 10 tomorrow.
Distance=5.0

5/27- Needed extra sleep and it was too hot and humid to start a long run at 8:00 so I hit the gym for another 3 mile test.  I am continuing to chip away.  Time today was down to 21:48 (7:16 pace).  Add about 45 seconds to this for a full 5K.  Struggled in the midsection but came back with a strong finish.  Last mile was a solid 7:04.  That's 21 seconds better than last time.  Even a 12 second improvement per week gets me below 20 within 2 months.  Getting under 21 won't be hard.  Under 20 will be tough but I've done it once in recent memory but couldn't be consistent.  With the Sarcosine, I will be consistent.  Under 19?  Not counting on it.
Distance=3.0

-23 miles on the week.  That's low but it was meant for recovery.  I am encouraged by my progress in the 3 mile time trials and I think I can expect a 21:30 next week.  I will try 2 scoops next week but expect to go with 1 until further notice.

No comments: