Monday, May 28, 2018

Training 5/28-6/3

5/28- Day off work for Memorial Day so I was able to get a long run in today.  Finished 10 miles in 84:13 (8:25 pace).  Fine with this one.  Felt quite comfortable all the way and dipped under 8 for the last mile without going nuts down the homestretch.  I think I could do 1:47-1:48 for a half mary right now on a fairly flat course if racing all out.  This goal is to be consistently below 1:40.  Keep chipping away and workouts like this will do the job.
Distance=10.0

5/29- Very slow 3 miler.  Probably just tired from yesterday.  Slowed with every step and the overall pace was over 9.
Distance=3.0

5/30- Improvement over yesterday but still not real good.  5 miles in 44:44 (8:57 pace).  I must confess that I binged on caffeine last weekend and have paid the price.  STUPID!  At least I know I'm not bulletproof in this area even on Sarcosine.  Lesson learned hopefully for the last time.  It might take a week for it to get regulated but at least I'm getting decent mileage.
Distance=5.0

5/31- 2 mile junk run.  It has been confirmed that caffeine is the culprit and I am back to Day 1.  A pair of 5 milers this weekend will take me up to 30 on the week.  If it's Sarcosine (which I doubt), I'm done for.  PLEASE, no more excuses going forward.
Distance=2.0

6/1- Planned rest day.  Should start feeling better soon.  This is only Day 2.

6/2- Day 3.  Improving as expected.  5 miles in 40:56 (8:11 pace) on Jefferson trail.  Faded on the back half but that's understandable.  The trail is sloped such that the back half is mostly uphill plus conditions were quite humid outside.
Distance=5.0

6/3- Day 4.  I've had a little alcohol this weekend but no caffeine binge.  Same route as yesterday and I improved to a 39:36 (7:56 pace). MINUS 15.  Did better in holding the pace as well.  Still not too pleased with this one.  I have a feeling that the Sarcosine will need to be cut further.  Down to a half a scoop.  Again, there is a chance that more will be tolerated in the future.
Distance=5.0

-30 miles on the week.

No comments: