Monday, May 14, 2018

Training 5/14-5/20 Double Race Week

5/14- 3 miles in 22:24 (7:28 pace).  Still very overstimulated but felt noticeably better overall today.  I've cut off 30/mile in just 3 days.  Of course, I cannot expect this rate of improvement to continue but for the last time, just chip away a few seconds per week and I'll get there pretty soon.  Hitting the road soon to catch a morning flight in Atlanta.
Distance=3.0

5/15- Planned rest day.  Drive from Boston to Vermont.

5/16- Maple Leaf half marathon in 1:54:17.  Fine with this one.  It was a trail race with more hills than expected.  Ran this one harder than I planned and hope it doesn't come back to bite me on Sunday.  State #33.  NYC tonight.
Distance=13.5

5/17- Planned rest day.  Mostly in NYC, night in New Haven, Connecticut.

5/18- Second planned rest day.  Drive through Rhode Island to Cape Cod, night in Boston.

5/19- Junk run on Hancock Street in Boston.  Only 1 mile but felt reasonably well and believe I could perform acceptably if the race were today instead of tomorrow.
Distance=1.0

5/20- DISASTER at Horseneck.  Woke up with a nasty sinus headache.  I was afraid of that after being outside on a chilly rainy afternoon the previous day.  I held it together for 9 miles then walked/slow jogged it home.  Time is too embarrassing to reveal.  A finish is a finish and it's #34.  I suspect that Thym-Adren needs to be reduced.  The adrenal spike has calmed down.  I knew that would happen eventually and it was just bad luck on race day.
Distance=13.5

-31 miles on the week.


No comments: