Monday, May 7, 2018

Training 5/7-5/13

5/7- Lakeshore 6.5 in 53:54 (8:18 pace) plus a half mile cool.  Mixed feelings about this one.  I got off to a good start but slowed considerably on the last 2.5 leg.  HR was unbelievably low at 107 and it got lower as the workout progressed.  I must say that I seriously doubt that's accurate.  Most people can get it that high on a brisk walk.  Cheating over the weekend may have knocked me down a notch but this is not a collapse and I am back on track now.  This week will be front loaded.
Distance=7.0

5/8- Approximately 3 miles through the woods and hills in Veteran's Park.  Not sure of the exact distance because of poor reception but felt about the same as yesterday.  I've come to the conclusion that although a single cheat day or two won't result in a collapse, I will get nicked a little bit because the sugars are bad for overactive adrenals.  Best to stay away completely for the time being.  Taurine may be helpful in calming the adrenal spike so I'm going to try that.  HR was back to a more reasonable 144 but that's still much too low.
Distance=3.0

5/9- Trak Shak 5 in 39:25 (7:53 pace).  This is the new normal and the gains will come slowly.  Overall, it was about as expected.  Slipped a bit in Mile 3-4 but rebounded nicely with a 7:37 closer, which was my fastest mile of the run.  I took 4 scoops of Sarcosine tonight and we shall see what if any effect it has on me.  Clean diet.  HR-155, Cadence-176.
Distance=5.0

5/10- VERY interesting.  I knew immediately that 4 scoops was a mistake.  I could not run at all today.  I only slow jogged 1 mile in a time that was probably over 10 minutes BUT my mood was perhaps the BEST that it has been in a very long time.  For the last time, this proves my point that depression could very well have NOTHING to do with your attitude.  It's all about chemical balance.  Going forward, it is best that I REDUCE the Sarcosine to 1 scoop. What will happen?
I was a consistent Mendoza line performer at this dosage but that was before I cleaned up my diet, switched to Thym-Adren and upped the dose.  2 scoops without mega doses and I was worse.  I only gained a bit when I jacked up the dose.  Given the same diet and cocktail of pills, I believe I am better on 1 scoop rather than 2.  Maybe someday, I will be able to tolerate more but it won't be for a while.
Distance=1.0
:
5/11-AM- Down to 1 scoop and improvement over yesterday is already evident.  2 miles in 17:46 (8:53 pace).  Expecting better this afternoon.

PM- 3 miles in 23:55 (7:58 pace).  Fought hard to stay under the Mendoza line.  I'm back to where I was before I attempted 2 scoops.  Will I improve from here thanks to the Thym-Adren or will I plateau?  I ought to know by Monday.
Distance=5.0

5/12- BTC Social.  I modified it and cut it short with my upcoming races.  Finished 7 miles in 56:28 (8:04 pace).  I was pleased with this one.  Clearly better than yesterday.  I hit 3 miles in just about the same time as yesterday then held it together for an additional 4 and the pace never went above 8:15 despite a fairly hilly route.
Distance=7.0

5/13- Lakeshore 4 in 31:04 (7:46 pace).  MINUS 12 in 2 days with an extra mile using the new formula.  I'll take it.  It's not going to come back overnight but for the last time, simply avoiding the relapses will allow me to chip away at the goal times.
Distance=4.0

-32 miles on the week.


No comments: