Monday, October 29, 2018

Training 10/29-11/4

10/29- AM- Gold's 1 Mile under a time crunch in 7:40.  Interesting reaction to B-12 and Liver.  Took just 1 B12 and came through halfway in 3:57.  Popped a Liver and improved to 3:43.  Not a night and day difference but this was enough to be considered significant.  Was the Liver responsible for the improvement or would I have had the same reaction to additional B12?  I'll find out tomorrow.

That's it for today.  I tested out tolerance to forbidden drinks now that I am off the moly.  There's not much difference.  One cheat day per week is okay.  A second one?  Non-consecutive days or a limit of just one serving on the 2nd day is "probably okay" but it's pushing my luck and best avoided.  Any more than that will spell certain trouble.
Distance=1.0

10/30-AM- Sunrise junk run at Vestavia.  With yesterday's forbidden drinks still in my system, I was awful.  Extra B-12 made things a little better but not enough to be considered significant.  After I took the Liver: YES, I felt noticeably better and was about 30 seconds faster per mile.  Once again, I feel that I MAY have a stable formula but this time, there will be no celebratory post.  If I relapse again, it may be over.

PM- Lakeshore 2.5 in 20:50 (8:20 pace) plus a cool.  Not bad for Day 1.  Last week, I was in a similar situation and did break the Mendoza line but crashed because of the Molybdenum.  Now, I'm off that stuff so in theory it should be clear sailing.  Theories don't usually work out but so far so good.  Let's do it now.
Distance=4.0

10/31- Lakeshore 5 in 44:45 (8:57 pace).  Not pretty but I made the full planned distance.  Relatively even splits.  Keep doing this and avoid relapses.  Times will go down eventually.
Distance=5.0

11/1- VERY BAD night last night.  Can no longer tolerate Taurine, which is not a surprise now that I am off the moly.  Just a trace of moly made things MUCH worse.  The only way moly will be tolerated again is to eat more protein bars.  I'm not going back down that road again.  It's a pretty safe bet that the need for moly will NOT flare up again.  Also, the tolerance for Liver is still limited.  Only one such pill is all I can take.  I expected the workout to royally suck but it wasn't as bad as I feared.  Did 3 miles at Gold's in 25:46 (8:35 pace).  This week has not been pretty but with a long run this weekend, I can get a decent mileage total.
Distance=3.0 

11/2- Repeated the Gold's 3 and my time is down to 24:56 (8:19 pace).  MINUS 16.  Yes, this is significant but still not pretty.  I remain sensitive to the Liver dose and cannot take either Taurine or moly.  I'm going to try DIM.  I no longer believe I will recover but I will never stop trying.  Leave well enough alone?  I really don't like being this sensitive and once again, the Sarcosine has NOT saved me at all.
Distance=3.0

11/3- INTERESTING!  After taking the DIM, I was WORSE but it had a different feel to it.  It felt more like a detox reaction.  Took the same stuff as the VERY BAD night just 2 days ago (Taurine, extra Liver and moly).  This time, there was NO apparent immediate reaction.  That's right.  Everything appears to be tolerated now but that will not be definitive until I run after taking that stuff tomorrow.  As for the DIM, time will tell if it is a detox reaction or I just cannot tolerate it.  Once again, if it is the latter, it will be the Ultimate in Cruelty.

AM- DIM made things awful.  4x400 in pitiful times.  After the 2nd DIM dosage, I was even worse and struggled just to break 3 minutes (12:00 pace) for just 1 lap.

PM- Much better after just a few hours.  Mile at Vestavia in 8:54 with a rally to break 9.  Tomorrow will really be interesting.
Distance=2.0

11/4- Good news all around. 
AM- Tried to run without DIM and opened with a 400 in 2:05 (8:20 pace).  Probably would have been marginally better than the 8:54 yesterday over a full Mile.  It was clear even before the run that Sarcosine is still needed so DIM alone won't solve the sensitivity.  DIM with Sarcosine might. 
After taking DIM- Improved to a 1:44 (6:56 pace) MINUS 84
Next, it was the moment of truth.  How would I do after taking the taurine and moly together.  Before the DIM, I was AWFUL if I took even a trace of either.  Today, I was NO worse.  Came through the 400 in 1:44 once again then continued 3 more laps for a full Mile in 7:13 (MINUS 1:41) versus yesterday.  Tacked on a half mile cool.

PM-Lakeshore 2 in 15:08 (7:34 pace).  More good news.  In the past, Sam-e taken without extra MF (exactly 1200 mcg) would trigger a reaction.  Not so this time.  I came through the 1st mile in 7:38 then actually improved marginally to 7:30 on the back half AFTER taking Sam-e.  Tolerance to protein bars and caffeine appear to have improved as well but it's still advisable not to make a habit of it.  A celebration is definitely premature at this stage but I finally have real reason for hope.  DIM can improve free testosterone levels so if I do have low-T (not a surprise give my history of adrenal issues), that would explain a lot.  Felt somewhat like myself out there this afternoon.
Distance=4.0 


No comments: