Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Training 10/8-10/14

10/8- Junk run around the lake in Denver's City Park.  Not concerned about the time especially at altitude and the day after a race.  For the record, I covered 1 Mile in 8:17 with the last quarter mile near 7:00 pace.  No complaints.  Added a half mile cool.  I may tweak a couple things in my formula.
Distance=1.5

10/9- Hurting.  Jet lag always is harder going east.  I don't think it's anything more serious than that.  A couple of tweaks today.  It appears that the adrenal support doesn't really matter.  I could take the suppressant or the modulator and not feel much difference.  I'll go with the modulator unless the HTMA is way out of bounds.  The Ultimate B-complex is still needed BUT the molybdenum will be stopped.  Extra Liver made things a little better.  It was another junk run on Wisteria and covered the same distance as yesterday.
Distance=1.5

10/10- Gold's 3 in 26:54 (8:58 pace).  Better than yesterday but still not good at all.  Yes, I am still off the sugar (Day 10 now).  Nearly halfway to 21.  Is that the cause of the shift in chemistry?  I am off the molybdenum now but something is still clearly off.  Perhaps Paramin needs to be cut out as well.  Does sugar increase oxalates?
Distance=3.0

10/11- Day 11.  I confirmed last night that Paramin was the culprit.  Less than 4 weeks ago, I needed that stuff to function.  Now, I cannot function with it.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  Again, I managed only a junk run on Wisteria in a time of 9:27 for just 1 mile.  I had better start feeling better by tomorrow. Fall has finally arrived in Alabama.  It was a perfect sunny and 75 this afternoon.
Distance=1.0

10/12- Day 12. AM- Vestavia Mile in 7:41.  Even splits.  This was the best I could do today.  1 week from now, I'll be on my way to Detroit.  I'm doing everything right and if it doesn't turn around by then, I declare it's over.

PM- 4 miles at Canterbury in 31:20 (7:50 pace).  Not too bad out there today.  This time, I did use the downhill to bring home a negative split on the back half.  1st half: 15:54, 2nd half: 15:26.  Need 10 this weekend.  Not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday.
Distance=5.0

10/13- Day 13.  I was tempted but held on.  New day, new relapse, new culprit.  I really should have seen this one coming.  Since I am off the Paramin (citrates), my need/tolerance for Liver has decreased.  I had been taking 2 of those and I upped it to 3 today, which proved to be disastrous.  One piece of good news is that I got a little better after taking extra Sarcosine, which did not happen with the Paramin.  Odds are that 1 Liver pill will be tolerated as long as I don't miss the Sarcosine.  If not, I must go back on the synthetic B-12 and probably the molybdenum.  Given the choice, I'll take the Liver.  Workout was an 11:24 Mile on Wisteria.  OUCH!  It is quite possible that the abstinence from sugar has radically altered my chemistry.  8 more days until what I sure hope is the final resolution one way or the other.
Distance=1.0

10/14- Day 14.  AM- Tried to go without Liver and the CBS NOS caps.  Opened with a 2:28.5 lap then popped a CBS NOS pill and repeated the first lap almost to the tenth of a second.  Continued on for a 9:59 Mile at Vestavia before another pill stop.  This time, it was the Liver.  Improved to an 8:56 (MINUS 63) then called it quits for this session.
Reaction:
I fared NO BETTER on the CBS/NOS versus without it.  That could be a sign of a future rejection.  If that pill is unnecessary, I will go without it but that will be confirmed later in the week.  Odds are that I will carry it on race day but not take it unless I have to.  As for the Liver, 1 pill was beneficial but I know that if I go up to 2, I will go backwards again.  The fact that I did improve means that my flickering hopes will remain alive.

PM- Felt MUCH better just a few hours later.  Out again at Lakeshore actually before noon.  Did 2.5 miles in 19:42 (7:53 pace).  After an 8:08 1st mile, I was sub-7:45 the rest of the way.  Hope will remain alive.  Added a half mile cool.
Distance=5.0

-18 miles on the week.

No comments: