Monday, March 11, 2019

Detoxing with DIM and Maca

Although I was very inconsistent in 2014, I was still capable of delivering a fast time if I had all the pills working for me.  In fact, I actually scored an unofficial PR in the 5K at 19:09.  6 months later, I had fallen off a cliff and my best days were more like 22:xx for 5K. That is NOT normal aging.  You don't wake up one day in your mid-30 or even your early 50s and suddenly feel awful.   Many days, I was unable to run at all.  Symptoms are similar to a low grade flu (minus the fever and congestion) at least to some degree every day.  Abnormal sensitivity to supplements has been there since I started the protocol way back in 2006 but until about 2013, it was manageable.  A single missed  pill was noticeable but rarely made a huge difference.  For the better part of the last 6 years, I tried in vain to find the source of the sensitivity.

 I now believe that my organs have been burdened by toxic metals for more than a decade.  In our environment, exposure to low levels of toxins is unavoidable.  Because I have key enzymes that are defective, I cannot eliminate the toxins as well as others.  My body responded by storing them in organs to minimize the damage, which allowed me to perform when my formula was right. The toxic buildup continued but up until 2015, the burden was not enough to be insurmountable with the right formula.  Though it SUCKED to be shooting at moving targets, I took solace in the fact that I still had some good days.  Once I crossed the line to the point that where the organ damage was too much to overcome, my performances cratered and no formula could be found that resulted in any sustained improvement.  It was around the time that my running fell off that the horizontal ridges  appeared on my thumb nails.  That's a tell tale sign of organ damage due to toxic metals.

What are the toxic metals?
I won't know for sure until I do a hair test but the smart money is on aluminum, lead, mercury, cadmium and maybe even a small amount of arsenic.  That's pretty nasty stuff but it does explain my symptoms.  Something "nasty" MUST have been going on to explain my symptoms.  One of my doctors told me that he had NEVER seen a patient react as badly to seemingly harmless pills as I have.

How does DIM and Maca work?
They are synergistic.  I believe the Maca provides the enzyme support to allow the DIM to be effective in the detox process.  I believe that the DIM and Maca DUMP the toxins out of my organs and into the tissues.  If I don't take enough, the toxins cannot be eliminated.  If I take too much, the toxins will be dumped out into the tissues in quantities too large to be eliminated.  I tried a higher dose and the results were either nausea and diarrhea or a massive headache.  Of course, I want the toxins out of my organs as quickly as possible but I've got to remain as comfortable as possible in doing so.

After the morning dump, the toxins are eliminated via urine, sweat and feces.  THAT explains my recent patterns.  The fact that toxins are eliminated via sweat explains the faster finishes and feeling better at the end of workouts.  It also explains why I feel better in the afternoon and evening.  Yes, indeed I often do feel noticeably better after a trip to the toilet.  The ridges on the nails are still there but they do appear to be less numerous on the bottom, which is a sign of improvement.

Prognosis:
If left untreated, I believe this will develop into a degenerative condition with my days as a runner being numbered but it won't kill me anytime soon.  I MUST go through the detox NOW.  All I want is a stable cocktail with decent energy every day.  If I can simply stop the decline, I'll be satisfied but I do expect to see improvement eventually.  Unfortunately, it will take time.  I didn't become overwhelmed by the toxins overnight and I can't detox overnight either.  It won't be a steady straight line improvement but over the course of weeks or months, yes, I do expect to get better.

No comments: