Monday, March 4, 2019

Training 3/4-3/10

3/4- NIGHTMARE!  I am now sensitive to DIM.  HORRIBLE 3 miler probably over 30 minutes but I cut off the watch in disgust.  I normally take 150 mg but today I tried to get by on a lower dose and was awful.  I responded by loading on it and it only got worse.  On race day, I took 300 by accident and I got nicked a little bit.  Instead of my usual rally in the back half, I faded and it may have cost me the sub-50. A dosage of 450 would have been a disaster!  I believe the sweet spot is somewhere between 100-250 with 200 being the most likely target.  As revolting a development as this is, it actually does make sense.  Why?
THE DETOX MUST PROCEED AT THE PROPER PACE!
-If I don't take enough, the toxins will remain stuck in my organs and tissues.
-Too much will cause toxins to be dumped out faster than my ability to eliminate them.
Hopefully, this is a temporary phenomenon.
Distance=3.0

3/5- WORSE than yesterday.  The only form of DIM that can be tolerated and effective is the Male specific form.  I thought the form did not matter now that I am on the stand alone MACA.  Wrong.  I cut the dose to 200 today and could not even break 10:00 for a single mile.  Again, WORSE than yesterday's mega dose.  Got home and took another 150 of the Men's DIM and though I didn't run, I did feel somewhat better despite the high dosage.  I sure hope the new bottle arrives before I run out but I will likely stick with 150.
Distance=1.0

3/6- Back on the Men's DIM at 150 mg.
AM- Gold's 3 in 27:42 (9:14 pace)
PM- Lakeshore 3 in 26:16 (8:46 pace)
Plus a mile cool.  Once again, I was much better in the evening.
Distance=7.0

3/7- 2 mile junk run just to pad the distance.
Distance=2.0

3/8- Easy 4 on Lakeshore.  Extension plus bottom leg.  Done in the morning in a drizzle.  I don't know my time because of a watch malfunction but the pace was below 9:00 when it was working.  It hasn't been pretty but I am getting the mileage.  If I finish the long run tomorrow and can manage a couple easy on Sunday, I will hit 30 for the 4th straight week.
Distance=4.0

3/9-  11 miles in 98:54 (8:59 pace) plus a cool.  Route was Jemison + Lakeshore.  Good start with a deliberate slow down in the middle but finished well.  Pleased with this one.  Even if I faded to 10 minute pace for the last 2.1 miles, I still finish under 2 hours in a half.  I've got 2 weeks to go.  Need just 1.5 tomorrow for 30 on the week and I'll beat that easily.
Distance=11.5

3/10- Junk run just to hit the quota.  I feel HORRIBLE!  Took extra Maca last night and it confirmed what I suspected.  Maca increases the detox action of the DIM and the effects are synergistic.  Again, too much detox too soon will produce NASTY symptoms.  Earlier in the week, it was nausea and diarrhea.  I was on the toilet for 20-30 minutes one night and felt like dying.  Today, it's a MASSIVE headache as if I drank 8 beers.  I will stay with 150 of the Male Specific DIM but will temporarily cut the stand alone Maca from 1000 to 500 mg.
Distance=1.5

Weekly summary:
Not a good week but I did hit the distance for the 4th consecutive week so that's a positive.  I hope the formula will be stable for the next 2 weeks.
Distance=30.0/ YTD- 235

No comments: