Monday, July 26, 2021

Training 7/26-8/1

 7/26- 2.5 miles on Lakeshore plus a half mile cool.  Finished in 20:15 (8:06 pace).  Slower start but stronger finish compared to yesterday.  Overall, this performance was essentially the same, give or take a few  seconds.  Yesterday was 3@8:09 with no cool.  That's a little disappointing.  I should not plateau at this level.  Two possible factors: I could be paying the price for the weekend's workouts or I may need to tinker a bit with the formula.  I don't think I need any major changes but maybe a tweak or two.  I have been taking a bit more CoQ10 and Curcumin to get rid of it and it appears to be tolerated though the B-12 may need to be upped.  I know that without the B-12 and/or Intrinsic Factor, I am completely intolerant to that stuff.

Distance=3.0

7/27- 2 key questions answered today.  Took a triple dose of CoQ10 to finish the bottle this morning but that's not above the allowed amount and had a SIGNIFICANT negative response.  Fortunately, the ill-effects were largely mitigated by extra B-12.  It's possible that will increase the demand for Thym-Adren but that does not appear to be the case early.  Took only 5 of those and hope to eventually decrease it to 3.  Workout was surprisingly good.  2 miles at Vulcan Trail in 15:10 (7:35 pace).  I don't like this route too much.  Most of the views of B'ham are obscured by tree cover and the trail is significantly sloped.  My splits of 7:18-7:52 look pretty bad but figure on level ground, it's more like 7:30-7:40.  I like my chances of going under the Mendoza line for 3 miles.  Going forward, I have already pitched the CoQ10 and Curcumin but I am sticking with increased B-12.  This bottle does come in stronger dose.

Distance=2.0

7/28-AM.  1 mile in 11:16.  Not entirely unexpected.  The extra B12 did indeed spike the adrenals and 6 pills did not even make a dent.  

PM- I knew that I would be a LOT better on just 2 more pills and I was correct.  2 miles on Lakeshore in 17:54 (8:57 pace) with splits of 9:16-8:38.  Where to go from here?  I've got to stick with the higher dose of B12.  If 5000 wasn't enough to prevent a bad reaction to CoQ10, it's clearly not enough.  I need at least 8000, maybe 10,000 but I will not go higher than that.  Eventually, I will be able to reduce the Thym-Adren.

Distance=3.0

7/29-AM- On the full dose of B12, I managed just 4:03 for 1 lap at Montreat (12:09 pace).  Just 2 Thym-Adren pills DID have an impact.  I was 1:39 at the halfway point and figure it would have been no worse than a 3:30.  Had to quit due to time constraints.

PM- Lakeshore 2.5 in 21:45 (8:42 pace).  1st half-11:07, 2nd half-10:38.  Improvement over yesterday in spite of taking only 6 pills.  I expect that times will get better and better even with gradually decreasing the dose.

Distance=3.0

7/30-AM- On no Thym-Adren and the full dose of B-12, my time was down to 3:46 (11:18 pace).  That's 51 seconds better than yesterday on a per mile basis.  I was pleased with that.  Keep chipping away.  I'd probably be around 3:30 if I ran it tomorrow.  The goal is to survive a 3 miler after a full weekend off those pills.  Long way to go there.

PM- I was not so pleased with my response to Thym-Adren.  On 6 pills, I could barely break 3:00 for 1 lap and was total crap in the real workout. Pace hovered just above 10 minutes and I quit early.   I said earlier that 6 pills were as good as zero.  No, I won't go that far.  They did do something but I needed 8 to get a halfway decent showing.  Simply not ready to reduce the dose just yet.  I'll try again next week.

Distance=2.0

7/31- Improved to a 3:33 without the Thym-Adren (10:39 pace).  Fine with that.  Cut off another 39 seconds, which makes 90 in just 2 days.  Thym-Adren was NOT effective today.  Took a full 8 pills and was actually WORSE than yesterday on 6.  I could not even finish 2.5 on Lakeshore and had to walk the last mile.  What to do from here?  I'm afraid that I'll have to cut the B12 down to 8,000 from 10,000 even though I may still have a bit of sensitivity.  This adrenal spike is TOO MUCH!  I will not exceed 9 Thym-Adren under any circumstances.  

Distance=2.0

8/1- Cut the B-12 down to 8,000 mcg.  It's still too much.  Improved to 3:05 (9:15 pace) on the opener but the real workout was not much better than yesterday.  At least I finished the bottom leg at Lakeshore, which I could not do yesterday.

Distance=3.0

-18 miles on the week

No comments: