Saturday, August 13, 2022

Basophilia

 I have not actually talked to the doctor yet, but I did access my lab results from my portal.  Here's what I know:  My cholesterol is a little high, but I'm not worried about that at all.  If I can run regularly, my cholesterol, weight, and blood pressure will all come down.  I suspected that perhaps my thyroid was low because of my weight gain but no, that's not the case.

The only thing tested that was abnormal was Basophils, and it was flagged as high.  What does it mean?  My white blood cell count is elevated because of chronic infection and inflammation.  Why is it high?  I HOPE that it is solely because of the candida infection.  Unfortunately, it could also mean that I have a more serious auto-immune condition.  I do not know the reference range, but my lab value was 0.12.  Is it moderately elevated or off the charts high?  I don't know.  

Was the candida the source of the sensitivity all along?  Possible.  Was it the only thing wrong with me?  NO!  Not by a long shot!  Here's just a small list:

Iron Overload- This was confirmed by blood testing in 2017.  It was treatable with blood donation and Curcumin.  Iron level tested normal on this test.  Unfortunately, it probably worsened the symptoms of Pernicious Anemia.

Pernicious Anemia- Confirmed by a blood test in 2021.  I was unable to absorb B-12 because of a lack of Intrinsic Factor.  I thought that when I corrected the Intrinsic Factor deficiency, the sensitivity would be gone.  It was one of MANY false hopes.  

Methylation- I am homozygous for the dreaded MTHFR 677 gene, which impairs processing of the critical B-vitamin Folic Acid.  I need to supplement with a special form of it to be at my best.  I learned this in 2015.  Unfortunately, there were complications.  I could not tolerate it without TMG and needed to beware of sulfur overload because of the CBS mutation.  I tried to treat the CBS but could not tolerate ANYTHING until I addressed the toxic metals.

Toxic Metals- No lab test showed it but I'm 100% certain that I have/had this problem.  Hair tests revealed that I showed the pattern of a poor eliminator of toxins.  When that happens, the body stores the toxins deep in organs, where they do the least damage.  Unfortunately, when organs become overloaded, the toxins are too much to overcome.  In extreme cases, it can lead to organ failure and premature death.  I flushed my liver in 2014 and hair tests revealed significant Copper and Cadmium dumps in my tissues, leading to dysregulation.  I have a strong feeling that I had MUCH more dangerous stuff in my organs that did NOT come out in the flush, including evidence of Arsenic. 

 I discovered TRS in 2019 and immediately after starting it, the CBS treatments were tolerated.  Unfortunately, I had a devil of a time tolerating the TRS itself.  Unless I took Probiotics, I could not tolerate the TRS.  I have read that toxic metals bind to Candida, so once the toxins were eliminated, it freed the Candida and made that problem much worse.  It probably HAD to get so bad that it showed up on my skin before the doctors could find it.

How do I feel now?

Not good.  I got a prescription to kill the Candida and not surprisingly, it has sapped my energy.  That's okay.  If it finally kills the Candida and thus the sensitivity, I'm more than willing to endure a couple more rough weeks.  When I'm through with those pills, I'm not going to set any personal records right off the bat, but I do expect to slowly build up to double digit runs.  I don't even care about my pace.  I just want to be a part of the running community again.  Today, I did 3 miles in 31:48 (10:36 pace).  I'm not celebrating that, but I did manage to hold a pretty even pace and felt that I could have gone another mile or two.  

Is the Candida the only thing wrong with me at the present time?

I doubt it.  I have a strong feeling that my Na/K ratio is elevated.  I took a supplement called Stress Pak to fix that.  I saw immediate improvement, which actually makes me feel uneasy.  A single dose should not have a significant impact, especially not within minutes.  If you read this blog, you know that happens to me all the time.  One day's medicine could be the next day's poison.  If the Candida is gone, in THEORY, I should have no trouble tolerating it in the future, nor will it trigger another issue.  If the healing process is working properly, you should not notice any improvements day to day unless you are closely monitoring it but over the course of several weeks, you'll know it.  Think of the hour hand on a clock.  

One upbeat thought:

Suppose that I went to the doctor sooner and was diagnosed with auto-immune disease because of the high Basophil levels.  I would have been prescribed immuno-suppressants.  Imagine that during a pandemic without an effective vackseen.  That could have been a DISASTER!    Moreover, it would have done NOTHING to address the other issues INCLUDING Candida! 

No comments: