Sunday, August 28, 2022

Current Good News/History of False Hopes

 Let's start with some good news.  I am definitely on to something with the Cytokines.  I'm not going to say that the sensitivity is gone forever but I definitely see a real possibility.  Before I took the Cytokine pill yesterday, I could only manage a 1:40 for a half lap at Montreat (10:00 pace) on Taurine WITHOUT  Probiotics.  That's decidedly less horrible than the 1:58 that I did the previous day but still BAAAUHD!   I popped 2 Probiotics with Lactoferrin and immediately went back out.  On the same effort, I improved all the way to 68 seconds (6:48 pace).  I know that I am beating a dead horse here, but a healthy person should NEVER SEE THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE BECAUSE OF ONE EFFING PILL!!!!   

On the Cytokine pill, I will feel good for a few brief moments then the fatigue sets in pretty hard.  At this point, it is a price that I am willing to pay.  It may be only temporary until I adjust to the supplement.  If I take the pill in the morning, I will be better in the afternoon and often feel improvement after going to the toilet.  The best news with the Cytokine pill is that it really doesn't matter what other supplements I take.   I WILL FEEL ABOUT THE SAME!  If that continues, I really don't care if I never run fast again!  Yes, I will be miserable if I go much longer than 24 hours without this pill but I'm not seeing the insatiable need that I've had with others recently.  In fact, if I doubled up the dosage, it probably would make things worse.

Today, I made it the quarter marathon distance in 77:15 (11:47 pace) using a 4:1 jog/walk ratio.  I jogged 0.20 miles then walked 0.05 but did jog non-stop for the last mile.  Yes, I could have gone longer and slightly faster but chose to be cautious.  That's going to be the plan in Hawaii.  I'm not even going to try to run all the way.  If the race was today, it would have been roughly 2 hours and 40 minutes of sheer misery but yes, I could have made it.  In order to beat the time limit of 3:30, I can probably make it with a 1:1 ratio.  Unless it is an extraordinarily bad day, I expect to be able to manage that.  If I'm so bad that I can't do that, I'll know it warming up and won't even try.   

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Adrenal Fatigue in 2006 and though the treatment was complicated by the sensitivity, I made tremendous progress up through 2012.  At the end of every year except for the injury plagued 2010, I felt that in spite of the ups and downs, I was far better off than I had been 12 months ago.  That all changed in 2013.  I did manage to buck the trend in 2014 and 2017 and do a little better than the previous year but outside of that, it has been a steady decline that has grown much steeper in recent years.  

Ten years ago, I was taking NO pills and running great.  I did some workouts with sub-3 marathoners and more than held my own.  There was a female named Erica who qualified for the Olympic Trials with a sub-2:45 but even she could not keep up with me on the last 400 of an interval workout.  Still, ominous signs were on the horizon.  I was not taking any pills because NOTHING WAS TOLERATED!  I had a complete intolerance to sugar, and I was already showing signs of severe Magnesium deficiency.  It was only a matter of time before symptoms of the adrenal imbalance would manifest if I could not take the necessary pills. 

I thought perhaps it was something as simple as a defective enzyme.  Xylose isomerase allowed me to tolerate sugar as well as the necessary adrenal supplement but that triggered a need for Vitamin C and I needed a precise ratio of Thym-Adren and C while shooting at moving targets.  I discovered Magnesium, which allowed the enzyme to work, and I got hot again for a few weeks, but it was short-lived.  I was on to something, but it did not stop the sensitivity.  In fact, it got worse.

The next attempt was the Hulda Clark Liver Cleanse.  I thought that perhaps because the Liver is the body's central processing unit, if I cleaned that out, the sensitivity would stop.  WRONG!  Again, it allowed me to tolerate the adrenal supplement that I needed but it also dumped out toxic Copper and Cadmium.  I still managed a decent year in 2014 up but faded badly in December.  

Next, I attempted to tackle the low Ceruloplasmin, which is copper carrying Liver protein that was actually low enough to be flagged on some labs.  Again, after some early success, it turned into a disaster and did NOT stop the sensitivity.  

In 2015, I went the genetic route with methylation, thinking that a block in that area was the problem.  Yes, I did have the dreaded MTHFR mutation but once again, treatment did not stop the sensitivity.  It continued to get worse.  By this point, it was obvious to the running community that something was wrong with me.  Even my good days were nothing special by this point.

There were a couple small treatments that I tried and had some fleeting success such as DIM and Sarcosine but again, they were not the answer.  My next major hope did not come until 2019 with the Advanced TRS and later the Fulvic Acid for detox.  I fit all the characteristics of a poor eliminator of toxic metals and thought that there was a good chance that the detox would stop the sensitivity.  While some pills that I previously could not take were now tolerated, I continued to get worse overall.  

Last year, I discovered an Intrinsic Factor deficiency.  I thought that might solve the sensitivity but it did not.

More recently, I tried to lower a high Na/K ratio with the supplement Stress Pak and got a prescription to kill the Candida infection.  Again, the extreme sensitivity remained.  I'm getting tested for Cytokines on Monday. I hope to see a reading that is off the scale.  However, no matter what the result, I will remain on my present course unless the sensitivity flares up again.

No comments: