Monday, January 4, 2016

Quick update

There seems to be increasing evidence that ATP detoxes sulfates and thus slows down my adrenal function.  I am sticking with the gradual improvement that comes with the ADHS (modulator) over the quicker fix with the Endodren (stimulant) at least for the time being.
I've done a 3 mile time trial each of the last 3 days as follows:
1/2- 22:24 (7:28 pace)
1/3- 21:15 (7:05 pace)
1/4- 20:42 (6:54 pace). Roughly 21:30 5K.
I took extra Magnesium today (generates ATP and lowers Na) and felt somewhat worse.  That's more evidence that I have flipped to slow oxidation.

The 20:42 ties my best showing since turning 35. In what could be interpreted as good or bad news, I'm still not feeling anywhere close to normal.  Even under-trained, I am still capable of a sub-21 5K when symptom free and have little doubt that I could get back under 20 if I got back up to 40 MPW on a regular basis.  Again, this level is performance has been attained in the recent past but was quickly followed by a relapse.  It's way too early to get my hopes up.

My legs feel heavy and slow every day and I am achy especially in the shin and ankle area.  Obviously, I've got a long way to go and have got to extend my distance if I am to run Mercedes this year.  If I can at least get back to near 1:40 shape or even sub-1:45 and do it consistently, I'll probably end up running it.

If you've read this blog for the past few years, you know that this is not the first, second or third time that I thought I have flipped.  I was wrong every time.  The culprit was toxic metals or poor methylation.  Until I get the test results back, I will not believe it.  That's another reason to go with the ADHS over the Endodren.  Being uncertain, I won't be hurting myself with the modulator whereas the stimulant would take me further out of whack.

I e-mailed Dr. Jess, another naturopath just to see if he could shed some light on the possibility of my ATP theory and got the predicted response:  "I've treated cases like yours before.  Consult with me."  He didn't answer my question directly and would charge me $$$$ for the consult with no guarantee of success.  I'm sticking with Yasko.  I e-mailed her today and hope to get something back within 5-7 days, which is typical.  Dr. Jess does have podcasts available for viewing and I'll certainly check out those.

For the record, my urinary sulfates are still over 1600 but this time when I diluted the sample with water, it came back at 1200 whereas in the past it remained over 1600 even after heavy dilution.  Time and further testing will tell the tale.

No comments: