Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thyroid and Pituitary Questions

It’s been an interesting round of experiments.  Anything stimulating will trigger a SWIFT negative reaction.  That was true with Yasko’s Black Bear.  B12+ molybdenum is clearly a NO but I was better after taking some extra plain B12. 

Pituitary Glandular- STRONGLY NEGATIVE
Adrenal Suppressant- SLIGHTLY NEGATIVE
Calcium- MODERATELY POSITIVE
Lithium- STRONGLY POSITIVE
Now the results of the trials:

Thym-Adren (Adrenal suppressant)
-4:36 before vs 4:48 after.  Roughly  4.5% slower over a distance slightly less than 1 kilometer.  Probably enough to be considered significant.  Felt slightly more sluggish but still able to do a basic workout.  This is exactly what SHOULD happen when you take a low dose of a pill that moves your chemistry in the wrong direction.  You want enough difference to be noticeable so you know to make a change but it should not trigger a full scale relapse unless you take mega doses.  Adrenal function is likely okay.  Reaction to adrenal stimulant is worse.

Calcium
-2:51 before vs 2:36 after over a 1/3 mile loop at Montreat.  MINUS 45 per mile, which is most definitely enough to be considered significant but it took 3 pills to do it.  A single pill likely would have resulted in only a modest 15 second improvement.  Calcium supplements slow the thyroid and reduce K level in the hair.  A positive reaction to Cal is evidence of hyper-thyroid or elevated K levels.

Pituitary Glandular-
Body immediately tightened up after just 1 pill.  No need to run to test it out.  It would have been over 10 minutes per mile.  I am most definitely NOT hypo.  This is evidence of hyper function.  Strangely, because adrenal and pituitary function are closely related, I would have thought that if my pituitary is hyper, I would benefit from an adrenal suppressant.  That did not happen. 

Lithium-
-2:38 before vs 2:19 after also at Montreat.  That’s just shy of a full minute per mile despite taking just 100 mcg.  I can go up to 300 or even 450 if need be and probably still see continued incremental improvements.  This is STRONG evidence of hyperthyroidism.  I’ll still get my numbers tested.  It is possible that I felt better because Lithium improved B-12 and folate absorption but it seems unlikely to me.  I used to take Yasko’s Lithium Orotate and my hair test showed Lithium to be at the top of the range so I stopped using a stand alone product.  My ADHS (adrenal modulator), which I still take daily, does contain a small amount of Lithium, which should be enough to keep my levels from slipping too badly. 


Blood Testing:
I want to test at least the T4 and TSH.  Here’s what I’ll be looking for:
High T4 with low TSH- Hyperthyroid.
High T4 with high TSH- Hyperpituitary.
Normal= Toxic metals still in play or another systemic issue.  I will not accept going undiagnosed.

Treatment:
I would really prefer to manage it with supplements or even drugs.
Hyperpituitary would require surgery to remove a growth that is driving the hyper function.  With the thyroid, it’s even less desirable.  Most patients get the thyroid removed or inactivated.  Then, they will become hypo and take synthetic hormones for life.  No thanks. 

I believe it is quite possible that the toxic metals have played a role.  Perhaps, the toxins pushed the thyroid into overdrive, and it will eventually calm down.  It’s also possible that I’ve been hyper for years and the toxins suppressed those hormones.  In any event, I’m taking Lithium and/or SBF as long as it is effective.  If I develop a sudden intolerance to LIthium, it is not necessarily because I've gone hypo.  It could be an ATP deficit.

No comments: